Terms and conditions for schools
If your school is interested in taking part in Read for RNIB Day 2013, please read our terms and conditions below.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) and we’d be happy to help.
Terms and conditions
- The school is not under any obligation to raise a minimum amount for any event which it holds in association with the Read for RNIB Day scheme (the “Event”).
- The objectives of the fundraising events are to raise funds for Read for RNIB Day through safe and fun activities.
- The school may choose to retain up to 20 per cent of the total amount of money raised, for its own purposes, through any Event which it holds. This must be retained prior to money being paid to RNIB (it cannot be refunded).
- If your school wishes to retain 20 per cent of money raised, please download, print and sign our Agreement for schools (Word, 190K) and return it to RNIB with the money raised.
- If your school wishes to keep 20 per cent of money raised, this must be clear on promotional materials such as sponsorship forms.
- The school undertakes to pay to RNIB, a minimum of 100 per cent of any money raised in association with any Read for RNIB Day Event held or a minimum of 80 per cent if it elects to retain up to 20 per cent of funds raised from an Event. Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer or cheque (payable to RNIB Charity) and this must be paid within 28 days of the Event taking place.
- Any school holding an event for Read for RNIB Day will be automatically entered into a prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) which will take place on 16 December 2013 and the winning school will be notified by telephone by 18 December 2013.
- There are two Prize Draw prizes: a) a visit from children’s author Darren Shan. This visit is suitable for children aged 10 plus years and will take place at a mutually convenient time for both the school and the author. b) one book per month for 12 months, beginning on 2 January 2014, chosen from the current Walker Books catalogue (subject to availability) – a copy of which shall be supplied to the winning school by RNIB. The winning school shall notify RNIB of its choices by emailing email@example.com. Reg charity no. 226227
- RNIB is permitted to promote the Read for RNIB Day scheme (including the Prize Draw and/or the identity of the Prize Draw winning School) through any media including (but not limited to) RNIB’s website, social media such as Facebook, newsletters, press and journals.
- The school may promote the Read for RNIB Day scheme, including the use of the “RNIB” name and logo as otherwise agreed in advance with RNIB. The School may not use RNIB’s name or logo for any other purpose.
- The school shall keep a reasonable record of all monies raised in relation to any Event held, in order for verification of donations and allow RNIB access to such records on request.