How to promote your event
We need you to help us spread the word about Wear dots…raise lots and by hitting the headlines you can help you raise more vitally needed funds for blind and partially sighted people in the UK.
Consider what would be the best ways you could promote your Wear dots…raise lots event and reach people. Options could include using social media or contacting your local paper or radio station. Try to create a buzz around what you are doing!
We can provide materials such as t-shirts, posters and balloons to make sure that everyone knows you are raising money for RNIB. Contact us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your message out
- Tell all your friends!
- Carry your sponsor form or online giving address with you everywhere. You never know who might sponsor you.
- Send out our suggested tweet “Celebrate braille and help @RNIB support the 100 people in the UK that every day start to lose their sight #weardots” or create your own tweet.
- Put posters up wherever you can – at work, school, in your local shops, community centres or libraries.
- Post pictures on Facebook – start with a picture of your event poster.
- Create a Facebook event and invite all your friends.
- Share the link to www.rnib.org.uk/weardots on your Facebook and Twitter. Make sure you add #weardots.
- Send us Wear dots…raise lots stories and photos – we’d love to inspire others with your story. Post them on the Wear Dots Facebook page, fill out our share your story form, email us at email@example.com or ring 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
How to write an effective press release
Register for Wear dots…raise lots today to download exclusive free content such as how to write an effective press release.